Biyernes, Abril 4, 2014

A Family That Reads Together Gets a Lot of Adventures


Reading is an integral part of me, without anything to read, I crumble, I cannot think, it somehow boost up my ingenuity.
Reading doesn’t only make you at par with all the things happening around but it makes you imagine thus juicing up your creativity. I am a voracious reader, I read anything even if I’m not exactly proficient with the topic, it only made me curious. I didn’t superimposed myself to my child when I learn she is interested in books too. I let her be and found out at an early age, she’s into books just like her mommy.


An activity we have every night is to read books and if I see a pile of books (more than three) I let her dad read to her instead. And when I’m tired reading, she read to me instead and sometimes she injects her version of it. As I got immense within the adventures of my books, I also get lost with her in the mountains of donut and peanut butter jelly river. I get to be the prince to save the princess from an angry gigantic cucumber. We can fly and swim without worrying if were going to fall or drown. As I write this, I cannot help but smile and wanting to finish this right away so I can go to her and just get a mere hug and t’will make my day. You see being a parent or a mother for that particular matter, they say that once you have a child, you’re heart is no longer inside your body but is bare where everyone can see.


After I get surrounded by gooey jelly spitted by the giant sandwich, the hero has saved the day and the princess is now fast asleep, I went for another adventure. And this time in this world, I get to be the reader...as I don’t want to be part of the story. It’s better if I watch and let them act it out, I don’t want to get involve and choose any faction - Abnegation or Dauntless or whatever faction that is. Yes, I am now reading the Divergent Series, it looks promising so far. I just finished reading the first book and it’s quite good, although it has some similarities with The Hunger Games, this book is less violent than that of THG. I wouldn’t say more as I don’t want to put so much spoiler other than it is a good and a must read for those who like (like me) young adult adventure books.

My Book Collection (some of them anyway)





Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento