Lunes, Abril 14, 2014

More Than Paper Dolls for My Daughter


Practice makes perfect and so it goes...coupled it with a train of patience and you’ll go no wrong. This has been my mantra ever since I get addicted to a new venture. 

A new venture which at first I thought I wouldn’t be able to pull it off. But I did, it was a wonderful feeling and at the same time it triggers some memories way back when I was young.

I used to play paper dolls from cut-out magazines with the rest of my girl playmates and it was fun as you get to design, color and cut some patterns from simple dress to a gorgeous gown. Now I do think if ever those talents were enhanced we could have been a renowned fashion designer by now. Well, come to think of it, I think children from my generation are creative then maybe their or our talents were somehow suppressed from the many technologies that came about. Anyhow, I’m being creative now, as I get to do these stuff now with my daughter, the only difference is I’m doing the real thing.




Started mending some dresses when my daughter asked if I could make a dress for Mary (her talking doll) and I said “sure thing, just give me an hour or so and I’ll get it done”. Lo and behold, I couldn’t finish it in an hour, it took me a day to finally perfect the dress less the pricks and a whole lot of cloth cut outs. But heck, I did it anyway and it didn’t end there as she wanted more, she wants a sweater to go with it.




I’ve been practicing for quite some time now, I did get to make a tutu for her culmination program. And as I write this, I am conceptualizing some designs for her tutu as she’s going to resume her ballet class in two weeks’ time. If you go to the mall or order online for some tutu, it is somewhat expensive for a piece of simple fabric. When you Do-It-Yourself, you get the fun of fitting the puzzle pieces and normally it’s more affordable.



My latest creation is tulle, it will surely fit for any party but it can also be worn for daily activities for a trendy little girl. I didn’t mind the needle injury and the time spent in making one, when I see the final effect, it makes all the pain disappear. Tutu, tulle and skirt at present, I might scale it up and create a long dress and who knows I might accept some orders soon...



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento